Friday, September 01, 2006

Ramblings of Watershock

Well folks, I'll be down at The Flea Market@Watershock 2006 tmr so I've taken some pieces fr Pandora's Box for this special event. If you happen to pop by the shop and discover how barren the cube is...don't worry! I'm still around! Just gonna revamp the space a bit as well - I realise the lighting isn't particularly impressive plus the yellow shelves make my pieces look kinda pasty. Yuck. MAKEOVER TIME!!!

Meanwhile, more details of Watershock:
Date: 2 Sept 06 Saturday
Time: 10am-7pm
Venue: Marina Bay (along Marina Boulevard)

What's happening:
This is a 1-day festival organised by SMU and there will be telematches, kite-flying, FLEA MARKET, food bazaar, reverse bungee, lucky draws & live bands! There will also be water events such as wakeboarding, kayaking, CANOE POLO (my sport, at least when I was in uni), banana boat, water wheels etc. etc. It's meant for everybody and not just SMU students so come on down and have some fun in the sun!

I will be bringing most of my goodies down plus some silver stuff I call "Silver Platter Wares" and pretty packaging too! Even before Oriental Rose began, I've always known that I'd want my wares to be packed in pretty organza pouches with little potpurri rose buds & quaint paper bags that look like parcel paper. I'm also using pretty envelopes made out of a purple & silver fibre paper. Unfortunately, since OR just started and I'm trying to keep prices affordable, I can't give out the pouches for every purchase yet. They will be free for purchases totalling S$50 and above. If you'd like to buy it together with a piece of jewellery as a gift, they will be available soon. Just give me some time to post them online ya?
Apart fr pouches, I have 12 heart-shaped velvet boxes (5.5" by 5") for sale which are really pretty and look so posh! Perfect if you're getting a dainty set for a friend - it'll look gorgeous inside one of these jewellery cases! You can see the black velvet box below, the inner padding is the same black velvet~ They are priced at S$8 each.

I also have 4 round gift boxes (3") made out of a natural fibre paper with a pretty cream organza ribbon on it. They are priced at $3 each. While stocks last!
I am so unprepared for my first fair! I've been sorting & choosing & sorting & packing & re-sorting......argh!! I'm clueless abt how to decorate my table or make everything look nice & presentable. It doesn't help that we've got guests tonight and our place's the usual mess. Matt's specially taken the day off today to CLEAN and whip up his fantastic fajitas & chilli rellenos ~ yummy!! I feel so bad that he has to do most of the housework while I continue my creative work :( He doesn't complain abt it (which is why I advise my single gal pals to find men who actually enjoy housework!) but the guilt still bites you. Esp. since I'm not great in the kitchen as well. His mom is a great cook and he is too, but unfortunately for him I did not take a single home ed class in secondary school (I chose to do music instead) so I'm paying for it now I guess.

And oh, here's a glimpse of some collage bookmarks I've been doing recently:
I like dimensional stuff but they are hard to keep in books so I might convert them to cards or bookplates....still need to think if it's feasible. Singaporeans don't seem to go for these sort of thing much? Alrightey, back to work & more cleaning, I've only got 3 hrs left!!!!!!!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...