Saturday, September 02, 2006

Post-Watershock Ramblings

Ahhh it's so nice to finally be out of the sun cos it was BLAZING HOT today@Marina Bay! We got up early but somehow we ended up rushing to remember to bring the essentials, and then we realised we didn't have any small change!!! Anyway we cabbed down and got kinda lost around Marina South, Marina Bay before a call to Val (and a very nice cabbie) got us to our destination. I must say I was pretty psyched abt my very first stall appearance even tho it was a small event and there were quite a number of other jewellery stalls. Sadly the crowd wasn't much but I was really happy to bump into a few old friends like Cheryl!! Who supported me by being my first sales of the day *haha* I'm just glad to be there to showcase some wares and pass out namecards :)
Matt & I trying to look cool in the scorching heat

We had to leave part way for our premarital counselling so I got my guy pals Daniel & Damien to help me tend the stall even tho it's such a girly thing. Thanks guys!!! (I was hoping to use the cute guy bait idea unfortunately it didn't work too well) They had to pack up soon after cos the weather changed and started drizzling. Singapore's weather is just so unpredictable!!

Anyway apparently a girl fr a neighbouring stall came by quite a few times to look and she seemed particularly taken with a pair of earrings and went back to her stall to make sth similar right away!! I was quite upset initially to hear this but perhaps my lovely assistants were mistaken. I guess whether it did happen or not, I have to be prepared for such incidents in future. Sometimes it's inevitable esp. since there are so many handmade accessories locally and there's just a lot of competition for ideas. But I still believe in the existence of creative integrity. It doesn't matter if pple copy my ideas, I'll just have to take it in stride and continue my work with new original ideas eh? :)

My lovely assistants!!

And oh I got myself a pretty green padded card purse fr a really nice girl at The Living Habitat! It's totally handmade with a cute blue elephant applique *wholly handstitched! (she stitched it on for me on the spot. Impressive!) They have some really nice cases & pouches so do check them out~

Meanwhile it's time to embark on a new collaboration which I'm really excited abt, and plans to start proper collections, seasons etc. for Oriental Rose and oh ideas for Christmas! My fave festival ever* But first there's my birthday to look forward to - hmmm...time to remind Matt abt my birthday wish list again haha~ Enjoy your Sunday peeps!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...