Saturday, September 23, 2006

The Good Earth - Sold


Named after the famous book by Pearl S.Buck, the earthy colours of the beads and the oriental flavour of the porcelain rounds couldn't have made it more apt. A cluster of turquoise, gold, bronze & metallic green beads add a touch of colour to this down-to-earth bracelet.

She was one of the early writers to have influenced me greatly - I still remember devouring all her books one by one as a student. Born to American missionaries, she grew up in China where she learnt the chinese language and customs. Somehow her unique background brought a special feel to her novels which mainly chronicled the lives of chinese people during the turbulent & revolutionary period of 20th century China. I can't seem to remember much of the books I read so long ago - which means it's time for me to reread them! :p

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...