Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Birthday Cheer!

Had the most amazing birthday ever over the weekend and I thought nothing could top spending it in Bali last year! (Although matt and I did suffer fr massive food poisoning and puked and s*** our guts out)

Had been expecting a quiet birthday, just the 2 of us, no parties no fanfare. Little did I know the surprises! The day began with opening presents in bed (our little ritual), or to be more exact searching the apartment for presents :p I had planned not to use the computer over the weekend and just relax. Unfortunately the workaholic in me prevailed and I could not resist logging on, only to read a lovely post by Jes on some of her crafting friends and I got an honorary mention!!! *blushes* She's been an incredible inspiration to me, always so free-spirited, so full of fun and cheer. I am a big fan of her one-of-a-kind necklaces and a proud owner of a Look Closely and Little Junquey Lovelie. People never fail to stop and admire them when I wear them out :)

She's in the midst of a collaboration with Hope (another collage artist that I admire) and I can't wait to see the results!! If only I had just an ounce of their talent ~
Thanks to Jes, I've received encouraging comments fr other crafting friends and it's so nice to hear fr similar-minded pple all over the world! Will be adding links to the sites of these fabulous artists soon :)

Back to where I was , as you know matt & I attend a premarital counselling on Sat afternoons and my birthday was no exception. I had not expected matt to conspire with the group to celebrate it for me! Such a wonderful surprise! :) It was quite funny when pastor suddenly walked in during the party just as matt was going to pray for me. He was so nervous and said some silly things which made all of us giggle. The funniest bit was when he ended with, "...I know we'll have troubles ahead while planning the wedding and even though it will get harder I hope she will still want to marry me!" What a classic moment.

We've been checking out gowns and since in the western tradition the groom doesn't see the bride's gowns till the wedding itself, we've decided to do away with the Singaporean tradition of taking bridal photos before the wedding. It's a weird chinese thing, taking posed shots of the couple in their bridal outfits before the actual day. I guess the photos just give guests something to look at on the screen while they're waiting! And I heard the latest trend is to show animated cartoons of how the couple met and their love story etc. It's amazing how different (or strange) wedding traditions can be! I've been poring over what to give as wedding favors - magnets, bookmarks and the like have been overused already, suggestions anyone?

Birthdays are the best times to catch up with old friends (if you can remember their birthdays) and this week will still be a busy time of gal pal outings - I've got so many chums with sept birthdays that I've gotten the dates of 2 friends' wrong already!!!!! I am so pathetic I know. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze some time out for jewellery ~ And oh Karin and I are in the midst of a collaboration to come up with some of her fabulous polymer beads exclusive to Oriental Rose! I've received a batch fr her already but I must confess I haven't had the time to touch them yet. Expect lots of roses and flowers :) The sweetie even included a pretty millefiorie heart pendant and I have happily kept it for myself hee.

As Jes puts it, "hurrah for talented friends!"

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...