Wednesday, September 13, 2006

My Lao Sisters

Me and 2 mates fr uni days - we got to know each other on a youth expedition to Laos 3 years ago and we've been inseparable since! Char is doing her master's in Adelaide so our foursome is one short :p Amazingly all of us have never been in the same schools or courses. EVER. Plus we had signed up for the trip on our own, throw us into a shabby shack 24-7 for 3 weeks and thank God we became chums!

Eileen (the centre babe) is a teacher at a prestigious girls' school now where she is loved by her kids who baked cookies for her on Teacher's Day and which were promptly devoured by MOI ~muhaha. Don't underestimate her sweet kind exterior, she can be quite formidable! And oh this is so funny but on our last backpacking trip to Vietnam she kept getting picked up by the locals!! We have told her to give up Singaporean men already.

Lee En (babe on right) is an accountant now and she's planning on a major trip next year - you go girl!! I seem to be surrounded by friends who disappear into the region and have to be located by GPS. I shall have to tag Lee En with a GPS microchip before she goes~

My Lao sisters keep me sane and it's just really heartwarming and funny how for all our birthdays, we scheme and try to light candles on cakes under the table or scribble cards while pretending we're just sms-ing! That element of surprise is always more funny then actually surprising haha.

And oh yes I've changed my hair! Just have to do sth different for my birthday each year - still getting used to big hair but I'm glad hubby likes it! Here's to the goodness of female friendships and more wacky years to come :)

1 comment:

Jessica Moreau Berry said...

Yiwen you total cutie-pants-you!!! I am so happy to have a face to the name!!!

Hangin' with my main girls is the best therapy that I could get out of life!! xoxox

I tried to add you as a contact at Flickr tonight, but I can't seem to do it??? I've never encountered that problem before!!?? Maybe I'm just over tired!

OK....made another PMC piece today, and it came out HORRIBLE...so I think I may just be over tired after all!! WAHHH!

I'll catch up with you later soul sista'!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...