Saturday, September 23, 2006

The end of a long week

Ah, it's been a really hectic week for me finishing orders and answering emails. Thank you for all your kind emails and encouragement! They made my busy week so much more bearable :) Matt and I have been bogged with wedding preparations but we're relieved to finally booked a photographer! Benny's works have a certain journalistic quality to them and he sees uniqueness in the ordinary, just my kind of guy haha. He doesn't come cheap but memories last a lifetime and I'm not gonna compromise on that! Next stop: bridal gowns! (note to self: stop procrastinating)

The biggest upset this week has been the theft of 3 bracelets fr my space @ Pandora's Box!! Elinor, Beary Memories & Lavender were discovered to be missing when I did a check on Thursday. Words cannot describe how distraught I felt - it wasn't so much the money but the time, the effort, the heart.. that went into each piece. I could comfort myself by thinking of it as a compliment, but theft is wrong and should not be condoned. If any of the culprits are reading this, I hope they will reflect on what they did and see that it hurts people and not make the same mistake anymore.

On a lighter note, Matt knew how upset I was over the loss so he surprised me with candles & rose petals & a nice hot bath when I got home that night. You cannot imagine how touched I was to come home to such a wonderful husband. These little gestures really make all the difference! (I'm sorry girls, he's very much taken!!!)

And oh doing a collection is so difficult!! My mind's all over the place, and I have to force myself to concentrate on a theme. ARGH!!! Maybe I need more time to get into the hang of things? I'm going to end A Wander In The Woods with these new pieces for now, and slowly cultivate more flair as a designer. It's not wrong to be bursting with ideas right? *hee

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...