Wednesday, June 13, 2007

When Summer Comes

I thought about the line (oriental rose) a lot while on the bus to and fro Malacca, well there wasn't much I can do cos I get motion sickness easily, even flickering lights or repetitive motion can give me a headache, I can't read or listen to music on the road, so it's either sleep or mong. Is it a sign of growing old?!! As I was saying, I thought about what to call the latest series for July's Maad. I've verbally informed of my participation so hopefully nothing goes wrong and it's still on! You can't believe how many appointments I have on the Sat of the fair (7 & 8 July) so you will probably see many of my helper elves if you come in the afternoon.

Somehow the "collaged" pieces I started doing for the last Maad was really well-received and I actually enjoyed the intricate creative process though I will probably need glasses by the end of this year. I'm continuing with the layered and textured collaged look this time, with flowers and butterflies and colours as the main focus. I'm calling this new series "When Summer Comes". Whaddaya think of the name? It's mind boggling how many names I've had to come up with since OR started but it's quite fun really, thinking up names and making up stories about them. Hee hee. So yeah, the names will continue.

What else to expect at the fair apart from "When Summer Comes"? Simpler vintage charm necklaces as well as more cloisonne mismatched madness and a couple of Kamoe-Rose pieces hopefully! I've accumulated a warehouse worth of kamoe beads that are dying to see the light of day. And so they shall :) Well that's about what I've thought up for the fair, let me know if you have ideas about stuff that you wanna see!

Meanwhile here's the sneak of the day ~ hmmm it doesn't seem as chirpy as When Summer Comes should be but oh well there're butterflies and roses so what the heck. Be back with stuff for online soon!

4 comments:

maki ♥ squarepatch said...

better let shannon know anyway..just in case! :) see u then!

Yiwen Challenger said...

haha yeah babe I'll do just that! :)

Anonymous said...

Want Derek and I to help u withthe names again?? HEHEHE

HEy u din answer me SMS!
=C

Yiwen Challenger said...

Ugh just emailed you cos I can't find my phone anywhere...place is too messy :(

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...