Thursday, June 21, 2007

thoughts

It's been quite tough these few days cos of the orders I need to finish quickly and also the stock replenishing for maad. I've started a routine sometime back, waking up and reading the papers, doing my sudoku quota (yes I try to do one or two everyday to keep the left brain working), then doing whatever household stuff that needs to be done etc. etc. before finally settling down to start work. It's quite nice having some sort of system, cos the problem with me is once I start sth I find it hard to stop. Matt had to get me to remember to rest after every hour or so if not I get really bad backaches and headaches. The migraines can be a killer! Now I have to have paracetemol permanently by my bedside if not the pain just kills me when it hits. Anymore enough of my medical woes, it's really manageable, except the puking part. Makes me feel like i'm preggers or sth haha.

Serenity of Silence is another piece in my When Summer Comes series, which is really quite couture and absolutely exclusive and labour-intensive and quirky (used lotsa vintage parts) and quite possible my proudest collection to date. I can't wait for you guys to see them!! Brought them out to show viv yesterday and she was like, surprised at how much my style has evolved. She was the one who bought my very first few pieces, even before the name Oriental Rose was coined. And she's kinda like my business advisor cos she's really astute and has excellent business acumen so I turn to her for advice regarding pricing and marketing etc.
I'm looking now to adding a little final distinct mark to each piece in this series so that they can really stand out as an Oriental Rose creation, almost like a little trademark on them somewhere? Still not sure how but hopefully sth will work out soon! Packaging's another issue that's on my mind. How do i preserve the feel I want to capture in the packaging while taking cost & eco-friendliness into consideration? Ooh, brainstorm!!

8 comments:

Enqi said...

get oriental rose charms made! :) ideas ideas. -enqi

Anonymous said...

those are beautiful.
exactly when and where will the MAAD event take place, may i ask?

Anonymous said...

i've the same thoughts as the lady above! lil' rose charms to hang ard the hooks of all the bracelets and necklaces. but nt sure abt e earrings though :p

- QinYi

Yiwen Challenger said...

hehe thanks babes for your suggestion! Exactly what i had in mind, so it's down to sourcing now! :)

Maad takes place on the 1st weekend of each month at the Red Dot Design Museum in the iconic red building on Maxwell Road ~ the next one will be on the weekend of 7-8 July so join us there!

Anonymous said...

how annoying, I get back on the 10th :/
argh a few days shy!

nat

Pink Boudoir said...

hey babe, the people behind this community are your friends? just checking coz i see video clips of your wedding splashed all over. posted here coz not sure you would read your mail on time.

Yiwen Challenger said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yiwen Challenger said...

Hey farah, yup i know them, they did my wedding video :) Thanks for letting me know! For a min there, i was really worried, phew ~

Oh nat, what a pity! It would have been great to meet up with you. Hopefully another time! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...