Thursday, June 28, 2007

Hope is the sweet scent of flowers

Received the invitation in the mail yesterday for the wedding on the same day as Maad I mentioned earlier and oh boy, talk abt timing! The wedding's at 1130 which is when Maad starts and regulars usually come to get the choicest picks so oh yea, it's gonna be crazy busy. Not to mention I might miss meeting some nice folks whom I've been corresponding with!! Oh well a friend's wedding is still more important so chel and weilin will be my lovely elves at the booth for most of Saturday. Chel will be happy with the free erdinger but Weilin being the shrewd law practitioner that she is, is either going to charge me exorbitant hire rates, or pay herself with the best stuff haha...

I've been swarmed with emails abt Mystical Fantasy and the Trixilini owl necklace since I posted about them and I'm sorry to say I'm not able to remake the necklace since it's made of limited quantity vintage parts that I sourced from abroad. I do have other vintage parts which I'm making into more jewellery for the Maad fair so come prepared to shop! The recent creations made of vintage parts are nearly impossible to recreate so my recommendation is to come early, be prepared to sweat it out and grab whatever catches your fancy before the person beside you gets to them first :) This is the sneak of the day ~ I have maybe 85 pieces so far ready for Maad so if all is good, the target of 100 is not going to be a problem! *fingers crossed* Still have loads to do, I'm hoping to do up more altered boards for displays, maybe some stitching as well, yes i'm learning to sew, even bought a new sewing machine!! Psyched about using it but did i mention i'm clueless abt sewing??!! That's what happens when you don't do home econs in school. Let's just say Matt had to spend a lot of time on me when we first got together haha. Later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol home econs wasnt the best judge of cooking skills, nor the best learning class. Don't fret, I'm a horrid cooks too. Besides, men cooks are given higher profile than women, if that's any consolation :P

And yes, I'll miss seeing u at maad *tear. August/Sept maad please!

natalie

Yiwen Challenger said...

oh nat, i'm sorry i will miss you this maad but yes i will definitely plan for sept's maad! Don't worry i'll post up stuff that's still available after the fair :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...