Monday, May 07, 2007

What a crazy time!

This month's Maad was such a blast!! You can't imagine how glad I am the fair's over ~ my lovely helpers and I were absolutely knackered by the time we closed on Sunday!! Matt had to give me an extended foot massage when we got home. Standing around all day really took its toll! Still it was just so fabulous meeting new people and getting to know fellow crafter sellers who were all so kind and fun to be with. We're planning to do this again soon! :)What would I do without all the wonderful amazing pple I am privileged to call my friends?!! HUGE thank you to the delectable Chelsea who helped me both days (I'm sure the free erdinger was a big draw haha), Vivien and James who tirelessly promoted my wares, Lee En, David, Daniel, Damien, Chris etc. etc. and my other wonderful friends for coming down to support me. Thank you guys! I'm naturally quite nervous in peddling my trinkets so I would go chat with other sellers to soothe my nerves, leaving my helpers to tend the booth alone most of the time. It was just wonderful to know I've got you guys to lean on! Muaks!

The support from my regulars was just astounding - special thanks to valerie, gerry, cynthia, lyn, cheryl, shannon, qinyi, ze xuan, karen and everyone else who i might have missed out. It's a great encouragement to me that these lovely ladies would make the trip down to say hi, even with kids in tow. Thank you so much! You make me want to come up with even more beautiful things! :)

I really had fun shopping as well! Came back with tonnes of handbound journals (i have a soft spot for aged covers and plain fibre writing papers) ~ even had a leather one with my name embossed on it! Ok so i did ask her to emboss "Ramblings of a Raving Rose" on it too heh. My neighbours were the super talented deviantart artists Tofu and Curry and Penny who paints beautiful silhouettes on t-shirts. I bought 2! Started wearing the 2nd one on Sunday cos it looked amazing! She's so good at it! Unfortunately she doesn't have a website yet but we hit it off so well we're hoping to be neighbours again at July's Maad. She shared her booth with a pottery genius who makes this gorgeous japanese-inspired homewares. Matt went crazy and we got ourselves a super cool sake set with matching oceanic-blue glazed bowls and 2 rustic cups with wooden spoons for that authentic jappy green tea experience! There're still the lovely baileysvodka sister duo, sugar fling babes, wenyadesigns and sabbiew gals ~ aw man, it was such great fun!

One of the best parts of the weekend was meeting Angelia from Mea Culpa, she's one of my fave jewellery designers ever ever! I am a proud owner of 2 pieces (they're not posted on her site cos they're just too fantastic ha) - first chanced upon her designs at Ecoluxe and finally met her in person at Fashbash! Imagine my ecstasy at bumping into her again at Maad! I was swooning in delight! When she bought a tri-layered nature-inspired brassy rustic piece for her sister, I nearly fainted with happiness. What an overwhelming honour! Double swoon.

This post has turned out to be longer that I expected it to! I was very blessed that my new series is very much sold out save for this new piece I did on Sunday morning just before the fair cos I realised I didn't have much stock left for that day! There's still the odd piece available and I'll be posting them soon! Meanwhile you can check out my flickr for pictures of items sold at Maad ~ Thanks again for your support guys!! Will be taking a few days to rest and recover but I'll be back soon!! :) Just have to catch on emails and meeting friends whom I've neglected while preparing for the fair. Cheers!

3 comments:

Pink Boudoir said...

Looks like you had great fun! I checked your album & lovely pieces you made for MAAD.

A pity I missed you. I am still home bound thanks to the bug that refuse to leave my system after a month. It got worse yesterday in fact so I would be out of action longer than I thought. Hope to catch you next time.

Yiwen Challenger said...

Hey babe! Yeah i just read fr your site today abt that nasty bug you're having, poor thing~ hope you get well soon and we can hang out tgt! :) Take care!!!

Pink Boudoir said...

I've crossed a month since the bug invaded me. I really hope to triumph it soon but it does look like it's here to bug me a little longer. Thanks babe! Yes we shall hang out & with Chris too. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...