Monday, May 07, 2007

Lilthing Lilac - SGD 50 - Sold

This is the newest creation I made on Sunday morning for Maad, however it has not found a nice home to go to yet so I get to cosy with it a while longer! Heh. I wired a pretty polymer flower on a 14k filigree with a mixture of other metals for a pretty collaged look. A gorgeous white cloisonne heart pendant with red flowers & a butterfly adds a touch of the orient, while an onxy square, moonstone ovals, vintage ribbed black beads, freshwater pearls and a stretch of crystal belt finish this pretty pinkish-purplish on black creation.

It's been such a wonderful experience at Maad, and though I wish I could be back every month, it's very difficult for us lone crafters who painstakingly create each piece by hand to churn out enough stock to cope with both online orders and a fair each month. I'm hoping to take some time to explore new techniques and mediums, find new muses, inspiration and basically recharge myself so I can plunge head on for the next Maad. I'm the sort who gets bored easily so I need to do something new ever so often. It'll be good to bring something new to my creations too, no? Last thing I'd want is oriental rose fatigue :p

Don't worry, I'll still be here! Uploading creations regularly that is. Sorry I don't have a mailing list as of now but do check back often cos I don't like to leave this blog un-updated. Chel and Daniel are all offering to help with consolidating oriental rose's image and coming up with more stylised displays for future fairs so yay!! More exciting times ahead!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...