Thursday, May 17, 2007

Scent of Strawberries - SGD 28 / USD 18

This has been quite a busy work week for me and I'm glad to be clearing orders bit by bit! Looking forward to spending a quiet Sat with matt though he ALREADY has plans to catch NBA in the morning and revarnish some old drawers for the guest rooms. It's so annoying sometimes that on the only day we get to sleep in for a bit and snuggle, he prefers to wake up at goodness knows what time to watch basketball or rugby or whatever's on ESPN. And there I am sleepily patting his side of the bed only to find it empty before dozing off again with a disapproving grunt.

Still I've made him promise to go swimming with me before lunch so we can get a bit of workout and sun, yay! I'm such a water girl cos I can be a real klutz on land but water hides it all heh. Sunday we're gonna have a potluck at our friend alan's place and we're gonna bring matt's yummy beef salad and maybe a chicken pie and of cos some muscato, ooh yeah. All the recipes we have are from matt's side of the family (the wongs don't really have any specialty dish except for this tofu with minced pork "sandwich" that tastes fabulous with chopped chilli padi in dark soy sauce, my dad promised to teach me how to cook it). Mummy challenger is such a fabulous cook, I love her home-made rum and raisin ice-cream!!! She really enjoyed the teochew yam paste she had out here and asked me to make some for everyone the next time we're back, and i'm like, oh dear, I only have a few months left. Recipe to share, anyone?

Sigh. I feel so unaccomplished today, it's half past four now and i need to leave soon for this Alpha course in church that matt and i are helping out in. Will upload more stuff soon!
Scent of Strawberries reminds me of all those yummy fruity gummies we used to have as kids, maybe it's the gummy blue drops! I'm still in love with these enamel straberries so here'a a rhodium version with signature blings on speckled rhodium donuts. Drop is abt 6.2cm ~

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...