Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Niobi - SGD 30 - Sold

You can't really tell from the picture, but this piece combines gold atop rhodium filigrees with pretty white flowers for a vision of a gleaming garden scene. Rose quartz rounds, metallic peach czech beads and glittering gold trails make this a sight to behold. Drop is a dramatic 8 cm ~ it will not go un-noticed!

Oh dear I've forgotten to include in my credits the bestest, most ardent supporter of all ~ Weilin! She encouraged me to go for Maad cos she knows what a timid person i am when it comes to marketing myself. Although it doesn't redeem the fact that when i finally got the may slot, she couldn't make it cos of an overseas wedding. But I've been very blessed with this friend, who came down on may day just to help me tag the items and give them silly names like Mepoplei and Jade Princess (out hunting) etc etc. Ok so Derek had a part in naming them as well, but his choices were definitely more sophisticated! Still she deserves a big thank you for her selfless help and for believing in me. (and for publicising me in the office!) :p Thanks babe!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful piece, i love it!i've always thought that your naming of these gorgeous jewellery are apt and really original so out of curiousity, why name this piece after the lady (niobe) in a tragic greek mythology?

-nat

Yiwen Challenger said...

Hey nat! Good of you to drop by again, well I wish I could answer your question but the truth is my friend derek named it so perhaps he's in a much better position to explain why! I guess in a way the name conveys a sense of tragicness amidst beauty, after all beauty is sometimes more of a curse than a blessing. Greek mythology is full of such examples! Then again, what do i know? :p

Anonymous said...

thats a beautiful analogy for this stunning piece :) love your work as usual and im still sad that i missed the chance to check out your works and meet u in person at maad. im sure ull have another flea market soon aye

nat

Yiwen Challenger said...

There will definitely be other opportunities in future, i'm aiming for july's maad! It'll be fab to meet you soon too, take care nat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...