Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Wedding Teddies


Wedding Teddies
Originally uploaded by Oriental Rose jewellery.
I love this picture to bits and had to share it again!

This adorable teddy couple was given to us by a dear friend at our ROM (or registration of marriage) in March this year at the colonial-chic Goodwood Park Hotel. They witnessed our signing of papers at the table and have been been photographed more times than we were! (Or so I think, as they became the screensaver for most of Matt's colleagues since then)

Our traditional Chinese tea ceremony , church blessing, reception, basically the whole wedding! will take place next March - a year apart just so Matt's family & friends can plan to fly in fr whichever part of the world they're in right now. Now you can see why it's been a mad time for me - getting married twice, setting up a new home, starting Oriental Rose, taking classes & working part-time! But I'm loving every minute of it :)

Although yes, I've not found a gown nor decided on the menu or even invitations (I wasn't the sort of little girl to fantasize abt her dream wedding, heck I didn't even know I was going to get married this early!), I have a great bunch of loved ones who have been so helpful. It will be a splendid day!

Matt & I are also attending a premarital counselling course at our church which is quite funny, cos technically we are married, but the chinese opinion is to treat one as married only after the tea ceremony so it doesn't matter, we just pretend we're soon-to-be-marrieds!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...