Monday, August 21, 2006

Missy Mermaid





It was Mag's 21st birthday last Sat and a few of us kayak-coaching friends popped down to East Coast for her BBQ and as usual, I was commissioned to make sth for her big day.

I made this bracelet with blue quartz nuggets, amethyst, moonstone & some other semi-precious stones which reminded me so much of our aquatic days. Oh, how I miss our voyaging trips on the South China Sea - snorkelling, kayak surfing & the occasional sea-sickness-induced vomitting (yes, even paddlers can get sea sick after too long away fr land). A little mermaid finished this sea-inspired piece~ I made matching earrings too (on my Flickr album), unfortunately the silver hooks with plain rectangular surfaces don't show very well when laid flat :O

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...