Tuesday, August 15, 2006

My Story

I have been a jewellery junkie for as long as I can recall - a secret magpie that's me!

My love for all things beautiful has proven to be my downfall cos I never could resist them. I didn't think much abt forking out even hundreds for jewellery that caught my fancy (yes I am that incorrigible). After a while I would get bored with certain designs and think of ways to play with them. That's when I started fiddling with tools and such and surfed the net for tips & techniques. It was a slow start but at least it got me somewhere. When friends starting buying little trinkets for me and bugged me to start selling them, I thought hey why not? I wouldn't mind swimming in beads everyday! And the rest is history.

The name Oriental Rose is meant to be a play on the fact that I'm Chinese while my hubby's English. Similarly my designs come from a myriad of influences but my favourite remains vintage and all things old. I love colours and especially wish to create a combination of feminine charm with that slight touch of edginess. (No barbie girl pls!)

I design and handmade everything you see. I say design, but it's more of a collaging process to me. I spread everything out, think abt what my mood fancies that day and start putting tgt. Sometimes I get swarmed by inspiration and several pieces emerge in a single day. Sometimes I get a drought and nothing seems right. I'm sure my artist friends will understand what I mean!

Exclusivity is important to me, esp. in TINY Singapore. Therefore each of my designs comes in limited pieces if not the one and only, and no two pieces are exactly alike. I take great pride in only creating jewellery that I believe is good enough to be shared with everyone. Or so I hope! :p

*As with all beautiful things, please don't copy! Be original - it's possible!

All designs & pictures are property of Oriental Rose and may not be used for reproduction and/or distribution purposes without prior written consent from Oriental Rose.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...