Monday, July 09, 2007

maad madness!

WoW. That's the only thing I can say post-Maad. WoW! It's been such an insane, adrenalin-packed weekend that we were left mong-ing at times from exhaustion, and we were so tired by the time we got home yesterday that we broke my sacred rule of not eating in the bedroom! We couldn't even bring ourselves to pack dinner home so we ordered sushi in, put CSI on and chilled the night away. Oh did i mention i didn't wake till 10 this morning? :p

I thought I was doing fine till the Friday before Maad when I completely lost it and went mental. Poor matt had to bear the brunt of my pms-ey nonsense!!! I regained sanity at approximately 10pm which meant we continued packing and working till 4am, before waking again at 730 to continue where we left off the night before. We had lots of caffeine the next day.

Thank God for my lovely helpers, Chel and Weilin! I'm glad I have wonderful friends to help during the busiest period. The 2 babes were at Maad bright and early, got us an excellent spot so you guys could see us easily and they were so good in taking care of the stall while I was away at the wedding (i'm glad we didn't nod off cos we were sitting pretty near the front), so bummed I missed a bunch of you! They called me at intervals to check out stuff, and each time they rang, they sounded so stressed and were like, ok can't talk now, pple waiting to pay, must go NOW!! I so owe them a treat. Lee En and David were such an excellent help too, what would I do without selfless friends?

Thank you guys for being so supportive and taking the time to come by the booth. I hope you had fun at Maad's 1st birthday celebration too! I was really nervous about response to the new necklaces, esp. cos the limited materials meant higher prices. I was nearly emotional when weilin called at 1230 to say they were sold out!! Wow. I mean, wow. I didn't expect this overwhelming support, thank you thank you thank you so much. This means a lot.

Even though I'm someone else's problem now, my parents are still ever so concerned about my choice of career, and every sunday when we're home for dinner, they keep advising me to have a proper stable office job and do Oriental Rose as a sideline. They'll go on and on about how good the market is now, and how much my peers are earning, blah blah .....i feel like i never left home at all. (P.S. You know i can write this because my parents don't read my blog! haha)

Still the truth is Oriental Rose has been a very rewarding experience for me. I get to meet lots of amazing people whom I'll otherwise never know, and they make the experience all the worthwhile. We'll never be filthy rich, but more importantly I get that satisfaction from doing something that I chose to do. It is a luxury I know, and I'm thankful for all the blessings I don't deserve. Your support really affirms me. Thank you to my friends who popped by to say hi too! Mummy brought the 2 lovely girls with their pretty pink frocks. They always make my day :) I esp. love that picture of nana doing her precious moments puppy-eyed look... aww...
The most amazing moment was meeting Belinda and Simone and Cindy!! Who doesn't know Belinda of Belleebeadz yea? I mentioned before how I used to get my jewellery fix years ago from her before I started dabbling in it myself. She finally got to meet Matt in person after hearing abt him from me. I remember asking her for advice about giving up my job for him before we decided to go official (work issues). And then there's Simone of Blingalicious with her yummy mummy bump! I first met her at the Hilton fair and she's always been such a chirpy, colourful friend! They introduced me to Cindy of Starry Designs who has a sort of cult celebrity status for her "bird nest" rings on etsy. What a blast meeting all 3 amazing women!! I'm so upset I didn't get a snapshot tgt with them.

Of cos the usual gang, Sabrina of Sabbiew Designs, Joanne of Baileysvodka and Wenya of Wenya Designs were there as well... our tables were near each other and I spent lots of my time chatting with them and disturbing them. Also caught up with Amy who does the gorgeous japanese zen-like pottery and Elaine of Pisces Passion who makes beautiful bags like these:
Bought yesterday at MAAD, I love the butterfly print on this huge bag perfect for dumping my books and A4 files in . It's so padded and cushy that I can use it as a pillow in class hee. She was so sweet to throw in a matching tissue holder for free too!This bag was so cool I thought I'll share it anway. Funky red with prints of vintage shanghai ladies. Elaine sells her bags at The Esplanade Shop (where I got mine from), Design in Singapore, Eggtree and The Chinatown Heritage Centre. I like that her bags come in funky oriental chic fabric like my shanghai ladies, and sushi prints, and little chinese children with pigtails among others. Cool stuff! I simply had to get this greenish orchid hair band cos it looks just like the flowers in my bridal bouquet!! Yup my bouquet was green and not the white I always thought I would have. These flowers bands were handmade by Elaine as well and are beautiful against our dark asian hair. I also have to share these hand-crocheted necklaces under the line La Maria. I forgot to get the designer's name but it was her first time at Maad. Her stuff's really interesting!

We ended the weekend with a cake-cutting session and sang Maad a birthday song.. haha.. that sounds funny eh? I had such great fun I'm almost sad it's over. Ok I have to dash now for a lunch appointment, will update again later with more photos of sold and unsold stuff yea? Thanks again for staying with me! xoxoxo

2 comments:

Simone said...

Congrats, Gorgeous, on a HUGELY SUCCESSFUL event!!! It was SO GOOD to meet you and Matt in person again.

I'm wearing your oh so hip necklace/pendant today and just LOVE IT. Please take part in more MAAD events. I want to come play at your table again :))

Yiwen Challenger said...

oh thank you simone dearie!! It was so good of you to drop by! I'm simply honoured you bought sth fr me... i'm definitely gonna take part in more events soon, can't wait to play at your table too! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...