Monday, July 16, 2007

beautiful monday!

For some reason, the past week has been sooo exhausting!! I'm not even sure if it's just "sympathetic" exhaustion that I'm feeling for the hubster, he's been working like 12 hr stretches and crashes straight after dinner at 10pm. I just keep on working while waiting for him to come home so I guess that sort of explains my fatigue as well haha. Anyway I decided that I would use my weekends to play with new stuff instead of just slaving over orders non-stop, and this is my trial from Saturday ~ I've always loved these vintage flowers and I found this cute little pink lampwork birdie which I used to layer and collage over a gold plated filigree base. Unfortunately it's very raw and i really need to work on my wiring technique! Not sure if it can be used as part of a necklace yet, maybe I'll turn it into a dreamcatcher or hanging mobile instead :p It might look decent hanging by the window!Still working on another technique at the mo, will share it once I've finished it hee hee. Trying new ideas is always exciting but very taxing in the beginning cos you have to spend lotsa time and patience and probably quite a bit of materials in the process of learning. Not to mention the mountain of orders waiting for me to finish. Sigh. Maybe I should hire some little elves to help me out here so the waiting time won't be so long!! Have a great start to the week folks!

3 comments:

Pink Boudoir said...

yiwen, i love that pice. make this into a brooch & i would buy it off you! ;)

Yiwen Challenger said...

hey farah, wow i'm pleasantly surprised! Thanks babe! It's not good enough for sale, i'll try to improve it or make more yea! :)

Anonymous said...

I thought it's beautiful as a brooch as well. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...