Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Mad rush Maad weekend!

Feels like I'm always a few days late in blogging events but oh well that's what happens when you're a scatterbrain bride-to-be.... though that will change in 3 weeks! :p

We sent off Kim (Matt's lil sister) and her friend Sarah off to Bangkok yesterday after a whirlwind weekend of Singapore sight-seeing. These 2 girls are little fireballs of energy! They touched down on Friday night, dumped their backpacks at home and promptly trotted down to the Longbar at Raffles for that must-try Singapore Sling. Which by the way I've never tried till I met Matt. Ask any random local here and chances are they've never had the Sling before so it really is quite amusing most guidebooks insist trying the sling while munching peanuts and throwing the shells all around you!

Whilst I was bling shopping on Sat, they were shopping the whole day at Orchard Rd where Sarah tailored an evening dress for a staggering 390 bucks at one of those small seamstress shops in Far East Plaza!! Maybe I should've gone with them instead. Oh well, damage's done, we learn. Then as you read earlier, we headed down to New Asia Bar for some drinks and actually took the trishaw fr Swissotel to Clarke Quay as a laugh. Mind you that little hazardous journey cost $10 each and nearly cost us our lives with the lorries swerving to avoid our rickety rides that were oblivious to traffic rules ~

Sunday was housey day spent doing up wardrobes and clearing the bags blah blah, I've taken some pics so I'll update this entry with photos soon!!!

Some wedding decor bits my folks bought for the new house

My purple room! Matt & I both had rooms to do up as we liked, mine was purple his was meant to be grey but now it's a muddy brown hahaa
Daniel's our house elf who helps Matt with all the DIY stuff . This is the new wardrobe for Matt's muddy room ~

Must admit some retail therapy was in place at Maad where I dropped by to visit Xin & Enqi. Which I'm thankful I did cos I met Fiona, the creative stitcher behind Fifi, her budding enterprise named after her pet goldfish! She has the cutest stuff ever and it was her first time at Maad! I simply had to get a little quilt-like tote made out of vintage fabric fr NZ and a little potato boy pin! Her felt owl eyeglass cases were snapped up by Enqi so I could only pine. More, more, fiona!! She's based in Sumatra right now but we can expect to see her at Maad every few months when she's back here.

Check out our picture below, I loook soooo ah soh!! Terrible terrible... hate that little hip roll at the back of my jeans, knew I should have worn a longer top :( Ignore it and the photo of us 3 look quite nice haaaBy the time we got home Matt and I were totally exhausted and dozed off on the couch. While the girls were at the night safari AFTER a whole day's walking around Chinatown and Little India. And they were to fly early next morning! Now you understand when I say they are energizer bunnies.

Okie poks, will upload pictures later tonight and some new pieces too! After I get home fr Titoudao of cos ~ don't you just love waking to fun things to do everyday?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my! i'm so in love with ur purple room! looks ultra comfy!! ~wen

Yiwen Challenger said...

hey babez! Yeah I love it too! My gal pals are fighting to chope the room for sleepovers already haaa

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...