Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Christmas Reflections

Christmas has been my favourite time of the year for as long as I can remember, I'm not sure if it's the lights or the presents or the trees or just the general euphoria and uplifting of the mood during Christmas. It just holds a special place in my heart. I like to think of this season as the time to reflect on how the past year has been and all the blessings and joys that I may have forgotten in all my busyness. This year has been an AMAZING year for me and I want to give thanks for all the good and bad things that God has put my way this year - the good are the blessings I may not have deserved, the bad are the trials and difficult moments that have made me a stronger and hopefully better person -

Some especially good moments:

1) Saying our vows and pledging our commitment before God and the people that matter to us the most even though technically we've been married for a year

2) Focusing on Oriental Rose full time - I think this has got to be one of the most difficult decisions we've ever had to make; the unstable income, neverending wrecking of brains to come up with new ideas and designs, constant anxiety over the acceptance of my work and hence sales etc. the list goes on. Yet because of this, I have gotten to meet some of the most wonderful people ever, be they customers or fellow crafters or friends who simply entered my life somehow. They have encouraged me, inspired me and left their footprints on my heart whether they know it or not. I'm never the same again.

3) Moving into our house and preparing for the wedding and turning Oriental Rose into a bill-paying venture all at once - Was a total nightmare and not for the faint-hearted but thankfully we survived and it strengthened the relationship between us the odd couple

4) Simply being alive and healthy surrounded by family and friends whom we love and love us as well

I am sooo looking forward to Christmas with the rest of the Challengers next week! Yup we're flying off next Friday and will spend a jolly two weeks' odd hol in freezing England. This time round I'll attempt valiantly to take more pictures to share from where we'll be :) I'm hoping to take this time to reflect on Oriental Rose in the past year and have new dreams for the new year. Hopefully the change of environment for a bit will bring new inspiration, new hope, new muses.

Before I go though, I'm desperately finishing orders and coming up with new things. So no fret, all will not be quiet on this front. In case this verbose state of moi does not resurface before I go, I just want to say a BIG thank you. Thank you for being here and thank you for your support.

Thank you for sticking around.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...