Tuesday, December 11, 2007

gemstone giddiness

Sorry for the lack of updates, it was papa wong's birthday on Sat plus i had my advanced theory driving test yesterday which required some major mugging since this wouldn't be my first time taking it. At first I misread the date as Friday and resigned myself as a lost cause until I realised it was Monday not Friday which gave me the weekend to mug. And thank God I managed to pass this 2nd time! Cramming isn't the best way to study but thankfully it worked this time heh.

Had a little celebratory lunch later with Chris the baker and Chelsea my lovely Maad elf and it was just so cosy catching up with them at Ma Maison while it poured outside. Love that place, always makes me feel like it's snowing outside. Chris brought the cutest jars of the chocolate oatmeal raisin and cranberry shortbread cookies that I ordered, one of which i brought along later for Sabrina (Sabbiew Designs) who is the sweetest gal ever! We are both gemstone-crazy and can msn for ages just talking about rubies and all! Had a little swop in the evening and shared the purchase of these amazing pink and blue topaz. The colours are astounding! Will be heartbreaking to part with them.

The mother-in-law loves red so I got these excellent rubies to do up a set for her this Christmas so they won't be for sale, sorry! :p (kept one for myself as a reward for passing the test) Later the hubster took our friend Jenna and I out for some food and to the cinema, we got home only near midnight, what a day!
New pieces coming soon!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meeting you up is such a great treat! I get great swaps, and a nice jar of great cookie, it was really so sweet of you always, always generous and sweet.. the cookies were so nice, i was turning in to sleep and sneak a bite, off the lights and guess wat... in the dark i made my way open the jar again and steal a few more while i snore away...lol hope no ants n soon you will see me grow sideways! lol... meet you up soon when our loot arrives :P yes i can't get over those pink topaz as well, but realise the smaller ones are the gd ones.. :) hope you have a great trip!
Love Sabbie

Yiwen Challenger said...

thanks babe! i had fun too, we should do this more often haaa ~in case the stones don't arrive in time, i'll see u when i get back yea!! :)

Unknown said...

Are those sapphires brios?? -envious-

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...