Wednesday, April 18, 2007

colour therapy

I had the pleasure of meeting a wonderful crafter at Fash Bash last Saturday ~ Grace of Nitty Gritty! She does the most amazing work with bags and beads and charms ... her mom sews most of the bags from vintage and other pre-loved fabrics and Grace adorns them to make them her own! I couldn't resist her colourful, cheery bags and took home this pretty black & white bag made from vintage linen curtains with one of her trademark bag charms. Yesterday I dropped by her workshop studio on 25A Bali Lane and I am so so so in love with her cosy spot which is on the 2nd floor of a quaint old shophouse in a laidback artsy area full of other worldly finds! The studio's still in the midst of DIY renovations but visitors are welcome to pop by and check out her wares (if you don't mind the mess) . She's such a friendly spunky gal, no wonder we hit it off so quickly! Just remember to bring cash if you intend to do shopping :p

I've been feeling a little burnt out today after too many hours at my desk, a good swim would have been fantastic but it's been threatening to rain all day :( This Word Play bag charm from Grace couldn't have come at a better time to cheer me up! Encouraging words of faith, peace, joy, glory, love and hope with lotsa happy colours ~ That's what I love most abt nitty gritty, everything's so happy! I haven't posted much new stuff yet cos I feel my recent creations have been a little monochromatic and being such a colours person, I would prefer them to be infused with a little more colour and joy! Maybe I'm just tired, I don't know. Anyway I was happy to take some time out to do sth for myself after realising I don't keep much of the stuff I make ~ that ain't no self-publicity eh? This chirpy collage of colours came abt as a result and I hope it'll cheer you up if you're having a blue day :)
I dream...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...