Wednesday, April 16, 2008

mortons again!

Before everyone starts to think my life revolves around meals at Morton's, I must clarify that this was a combined birthday celebration for 2 gal pals hence the extravagance! They'd heard me gush about the food at this establishment for my anniversary and made sure we were back again this time, and not just for the martinis hee.

We weren't huge eaters so we were able to share the humongous portions and not waste any food. (licked everything up onion bread crumbs and all) We loved the chilled ocean platter with the whole maine lobster, colossal shrimp cocktail, jumbo lump crabmeat, oysters on half shell and Alaskan king crab. I think just writing that has made my tummy growl with fond food memory. We were oohing and aahing and swooning over the freshness of the seafood and the OYSTERS! I'm not a big fan but the girls were going nuts over these monster-sized oysters.

The maindraw was of cos the steaks, I really liked the filet mignon and the red wine our familiar waiter (we were obviously regular martini downers) recommended. Lightly spicy, not at all acidic and a perfect accompaniement to the steak. Oh it was divine! We even snapped the bottle just so we could remember the label and year haha.

Altogether I had a very bubbly weekend with lotsa happy hours, pre-dinner drinks and... post-dinner drinks! We were giggling like teenage school girls haha. Intoxication is SO much fun when you're with gal pals!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...