Tuesday, May 20, 2008

I wanna be in France too!

Just spoke to Daddy Challenger on Skype and guess where the in-laws are at the moment? South of Bordeaux in France! Matt's family has a caravan (yes a caravan) which takes the in-laws on their nomadic trawls across Europe, in particular France. This time, they are taking 3 months to caravan through the French countryside, enjoying the clean, crisp air, quaint little towns and oh boy lotsa lotsa CHEESE. What a different life we have here. Bugger.

It's actually quite cool hearing the hubster's stories of his family vacations growing up cos the places they went to were of cos totally different from where we went. I think my first holiday was to Genting in Malaysia when I was 6. After that came nearby Asian destinations like Hongkong, Japan, Korea, China and the occasional Australian foray. Yes i was very spoilt as a child by parents who loved to travel so i guess i sort of inherited that wandering trait from them.

Now imagine spending a week in a rustic MASSIVE chateau in the French countryside with its own lake and woods and having to drive to the nearest town for food cos it is that rustic. Wow. That's the kind of holiday the hubster had. It sounds so... exotic. Like something we read about in Under a Tuscan Sun or A Year in Provence, but never actually get the chance to do. This idea of a French chateau vacation has become like my own mini obsession, you should see how many friends I've driven nuts with all that talk of a provencal holiday! Hopefully we'll be able to find time during our trip back to England in August for a short getaway to (maybe)France? Haha. Our friends absolutely loved Barcelona and I've heard of how beautiful Prague is so right now I'm just spoilt for choice! Hee.

Ok time to get a grip before I swoon into another of my wanderlust moods (they are so hard to wake up from). Time to start a new holiday fund!

Ah here's a loonnnggg waist length necklace which can be wound twice, thrice round the neck for different layered looks that was ordered as a birthday gift ~ I've always dug the layering look but never got round to actually work on them. This season though I've really gotten into the mode so expect more layered necklaces soon!

xoxoxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...