Thursday, February 01, 2007

Necklaces tomorrow! (and steak for now)

Received a mortal blow to my already fragile and crumbling ego on Thursday during the long-awaited (and maybe dreaded) cheongsam fitting ~ It was too tight round my hips!! I looked like a ba zhang (rice dumpling) wrapped in it!! Oh the horror!! Anyway enough of my melodramatic whining, it was still a very tastefully done and funky coloured cheongsam, Candy did a really fab job!! She did mention how painstaking it was to cut out all the panels and fabrics for my dress so maybe that's why it took a staggering 6 months!! Seems like I need more than hoola hooping marathons to keep the silhouette... cheongsams are so unforgiving!! Maybe we can photoshop the tummy away? :p

On a happier note, my gal pals and I caught hossan's Multiple Personality Disorder opening night after the fitting while Matt was in his element at the Singapore-Thailand game at Kallang. It still amazes me how football crazy he is, he's a big Reading fan (his hometown) and one of his footie mates back home is playing pro now so our TV's permanently tuned in to the Reading and Forest games. I've been working on more necklaces and I'm hoping to post them tomorrow. It's just tough listing them regularly cos I need the hubster to take pics of me modelling them and usually he leaves for work and comes back when it's still dark.

Anyway the in-laws are in town and it was simply adorable watching Matt pine for his parents through the glass window at Changi. We've been spending quite a bit of time with them before they fly off to NZ for a holiday before the wedding. They really live it up! Out of the country half the time, 3 months in France, 1 month in South Africa, another 6 months in Europe somewhere ... in their very own caravan too! Yup Matt's family got a caravan they take home trips in... isn't that fantastic?!! Hopefully we can retire the same way they do - travel!!

Sorry darlings for the many emails that are yet unanswered, I will work on them asap, thanks for your patience and have a fab weekend!! We're heading out now to our fave steak place!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...