Friday, October 07, 2011

Turning 29

So I turned a year older in September. 

As the years pass, this day no longer feels different from any other day. I get up at dawn as usual, nurse the daughter, slide back into bed with the son for an hour before the usual morning rush begins. Nothing special apart from reading in the papers about MM Lee's 88th birthday (yes we share the same birthday, just 59 years apart!), and of course the fact that I get to open my presents in bed with the Mr and kiddies and be smothered with wet kisses :) 

I contemplated for a while before putting my real age down cos you know, like all women we have our funny quirks and being reluctant about revealing my age is one of mine. I suspect the fact that most of my friends are older than I am has made me more sensitive about not mentioning my under-30 status so they don't feel too old! Haha! (ok that was a joke girls) 

Looking back at the past 29 years, I can't help but feel humbled and grateful for the Lord's grace and blessings and favour! I have loving, supportive parents, amazing younger brothers (who help to babysit and change nappies!), survived Singapore's arduous education system, made some awesome lifelong friends, met the love of my life at 23, married him at 24, had our dear son at 26, followed by another sweet daughter at 28... seriously this is a fairytale turned reality for me. 

So what did we do for my special day? 

The Hubster made plans that afternoon for a lovely, cosy date over high tea at The Landing Point, Fullerton Bay Hotel. 

This is what I wore:
{my Nadinoo Lula's Darling dress}

I know! How rare to have an outfit post! I'd always wanted to share a bit of how I mix vintage into my wardrobe and all but am always too self-conscious to put up pictures. Birthdays have a knack of making you throw caution to the wind though.

Ah my Nadinoo dress. I'd been saving it for a special occasion and birthdays definitely qualify. I can't begin to gush on how pretty Nadinoo's dainty frocks are and how in love I am with them. That would probably take up another blog post entirely. Here I am with the Hubster's birthday present to me - a Fossil leather watch -  as well as my favourite antique sterling filigree and pale green glass ring and a vintage wicker bag from Granny's Day Out.

:: my best friend! ::

The next day I woke up to a wonderful surprise by our good friends who had schemed with the Mister (he's a conspiratorial one) to whip up a birthday breakfast for me. There were pancakes, scrambled eggs, bacon, sauteed mushrooms, strawberries, kiwis, juice... the works!
   
And then lunch at Epicurious, Robertson Quay. Yes we could still eat, and boy was it a stuffy day!
:: baked eggs with toast soldiers ::
:: green eggs and ham ::
:: Epicurious burger ::
:: Hubby's sandwich ::
Thank you for walking on this journey with me and here's to another great year! xxx

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...