Thursday, January 01, 2009

Goodbye 2008 and hello 2009!

This is probably not the cheeriest news to share on the first day of the new year but oh well, it is a NEW year after all! And a time for fresh beginnings... and maybe another miracle story haha :) As some of our friends may have already heard, I was involved in a 5 car accident pile-up a few days ago on the highway as a cab passenger (we were the 5th vehicle) and had to be admitted to a hospital for contractions that brought on the risk of preterm labour. I shall not go into details here but let's just say I didn't know I was having contractions at all!! Let alone know that they were coming at 2-3 minutes apart! It was not fun at all being put under close observation in the delivery suite being poked and pricked by needles that were bigger than your veins.

We really thank God that the little one was never under serious threat - his heartbeat was strong and steady - it was more the risk of him being born early at 34 weeks so I had to be given incredibly painful steroid jabs to mature his lungs in case that was to happen. Thankfully the medication finally kicked in and along with the wonderful care of the doctors and nurses in charge of my condition, we were well enough to be discharged yesterday on new year's eve so we could at least usher in 2009 in the comfort of our home (and be free of needles!!!).

Thank you for all your prayers and kind wishes, we know that it is truly by the grace of God that protected us so that we were able to emerge relatively unscathed save for a bit of a scare. The incident also showed us how unprepared we were if the wee one were to say hello now so yeah, time to make sure we're really really really ready for his arrival! Another good thing that came out of it was getting a foretaste of how contractions felt like so I would know when the time came :)

I am still under strict house rest so I apologise if I am unable to reply correspondences as quick as I'd like to, but I will be checking my mail as and when the hubster-dictator-nurse allows me to actually get out of bed. (yes he is that strict!) 2008 may have ended on a more dramatic note than we anticipated but we are really looking forward to the new year and our soon-to-be-here little bundle of joy!

We hope you had a wonderful holiday too and a great start to the new year!

(and remember to always always wear seatbelts! Trust me.)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...