Friday, December 05, 2008

Wedding Season!

Tis truly the season of weddings! We have 4 weddings to attend within 2 weeks and with 2 of them being that of close girl pals' so yep, I am really feeling the effect of running around. Feels like I'm getting married all over again haha! One wedding was on the monday that's just past while another biggie one is happening tomorrow! How exciting! We had a bridal shower last Sat for one bride-to-be but unfortunately the photos weren't in my camera so those will have to wait. Matt did snap shots of my 7-month belly though!


Prior to the bridal shower, we had a little jewellery soiree cos the bride (for tomorrow) wanted to thank her helpers by giving them handmade trinkets ~ it turned out to be a whole day affair! See us hard at work on a saturday afternoon:
Naturally it was up to moi to finish up whatever remained uncompleted. Total tally? 10 bracelets and 5 pairs of earrings! Due to time constraints I was only able to photograph the earrings but hopefully I can sneak some shots of the bracelets during the wedding proper!

The bride wanted something more old-fashioned and victorian with pearls to go with her lace gown so we found these antique-style sterling filigree clasps that allowed her to wear her earrings in 3 different styles ~ 1) with the baroque pearls above 2) sans the pearls 3) just the diamond studs alone! Very versatile!


Sterling earrings with peridot, rhodolite garnet and moonstone to go with the bride's burgundy dinner cheongsam


Rose earrings for the two bridesmaids


And a little gift from the bride to Val (my bridesmaid and godma of baby challenger!) to go with her funky pink cheongsam. I would have worn my silvery lilac cheongsam too if not for the fact I can't fit into it right now! :p It'll prob take the birth, total breastfeeding and at least 6 months of hardcore exercise for me to fit into it again. Sigh.

It'll be a super long day tomorrow so I'm off to prepare for it ~ I always can't help feeling all excited about weddings, especially when you've seen the couple progress from friendship to courtship to saying their vows! Just hope I can hold back the tears tomorrow - you never know with the hormones now! :p

1 comment:

Chris The Baker said...

Babe! Did you cut your hair again?! You look great and so does your belly! As for the getting back into shape...perhaps you'd wanna do the malay massage? I'm in the middle of my package now and ithe tying of the stomach sure feels good man. At least my internal organs don't feel "all over the place"! Do have ample rest during your 3rd trimester!!! *Hugs*

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...