Thursday, August 16, 2007

TEA, anyone?

I've been back from Manila for a while now but haven't had the time to blog much cos there was quite a bit on the plate but I'm here again! :) There was so much shopping and eating ~ so wickedlicious! Imagine a Spoiled Diva mani and pedi combi coupled with a complimentary martini at Dashing Divas for just SGD 30! We lived like queens haha. Think the epitome of the trip was all that fabulous food we had, just check out the crepe and shrimp below to get what I mean. As food-crazy singaporeans, the first thing we did upon arrival was to make reservations at all the "right" restaurants haha.

Security was amazingly tight for us used to such safety in Singapore, imagine bag-checking/metal detectors/sniff dogs and sometimes a quick pat-down (of cos in separate lanes for women and men) just to enter a shopping centre, or any building for that matter. We knew there was unrest in other parts of Manila so we thank God that nothing happened where we were. Not only that, we arrived just as a typhoon ended and left just before another started so weather was clear for the duration we were there! :)

Amazingly we stumbled upon a designer shop that sold the most beautiful italian charms with finishings that looked like those on some of my own charms from Japan so I couldn't resist a bunch! It burnt a hole in my pocket though and I had to forego this gorgeous pair of deep red ballet pumps in the comfiest leather ever ~ I even dreamt abt them! Such is the depth of my obsession. Sniff.

Still I was glad to be home (esp. since i've signed too much haa) and perhaps it was excellent timing that the hubster had the craziest schedule ever while I was away so he didn't have to worry about me complaining abt his long hours heh. So now it's back to the daily grind! I'm still stuck with a bit of a creative block, it seems to plague me for most of those pre-maad months. Hopefully this nasty phase will pass as Enqi from makisquarepatch and I are trying to work out a tea party for Sept! Though the original plan was to be at Sept's Maad, I was hoping to do sth a little different this time round cos it's abt a year since OR started and it's my birthday month too! :) Also, we will be hosting a friend of the hubster who's visiting fr UK on the same weekend as Sep's Maad so it's just bad timing. We're still in the midst of sorting out details but I'll release more news once it's firmed up!

Really psyched abt the tea party and a possible workshop at their quaint shop (yep you read it right), hopefully I will have good news to share real soon! Meanwhile here're little sneaks of some new pieces for the next showcase, there are birdie stuff (and non-birdie stuff of cos) and lots of vintage flowers from my current fixation. I'm into both miriam haskell-inspired nature-evoking old glam and contemporary organic looks at the moment, which is making me kinda schizo right now but great for me to work on for future ranges. Ooh yeah. Fun times ahead.
xoxoxoxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...