Monday, June 14, 2010

some recent personal projects

When you've been around beads for a few years, you really acquire a stash big enough for you to forget what you even have at all! While sifting through the inventory, I came up with these rustic semiprecious nuggets and beads to string up a earthy toned necklace using this large jade butterfly focal. Lapis lazuli, carnelian, pink opal, rhodochrosite, turquoise, peridot, labradorite, pink ruby and agate among others.

{Butterfly Realm}

Very chinois, no? I haven't decided whether to keep this for myself or let it go yet!


{rose quartz necklace}

Next up is this whopper of a Madagascar rose quartz heart briolette I've been hoarding for a while! See how plump and juicy it is! The colour is a swoon-worthy glowy blush pink with amazing microfacets and free of inclusions. I have two of these 14.5mm pretties and used the larger in this fancy linked necklace interspersed with rose quartz rondelles, freshwater pearls and some swarovski components. Since taking this picture, I have modified the pendant with a wire-wrap bail so it's classier than what you see here. This one is for myself! I may surprise a loved one with the other rose quartz heart in a necklace but no worries, I have plans to lay my hands on more of these pretties for the shoppe too!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...