Thursday, September 11, 2008

I miss the (pseudo) english summer!

Ooh it's been such a lovely week of staying in and being all domesticated! My friends will know how much I used to dread being in the kitchen but strangely with mummyhood looming, I find myself less adverse to grocery shopping and doing some (long overdue) home cooking! The hubster has been a very happy man coming home after work to dinner on the table, and I've been very happy to play the role of a homey wifey. I suspect my taste buds have long grown sick of neighbourhood takeouts while mummy instincts are telling me I need to eat more healthily for the two of us! I'm starting my 5th month but am barely hitting my pre-pregnancy weight after losing pounds from all that evening sickness in the 1st trimester :(

Anyway I'm sure I'll regret whining about not putting on enough weight when the scales start jumping manically so I shall just keep my mouth quiet and continue to apply anti stretchmark cream religiously :) Rikije recommended a skincare product called Bio-Oil that supposedly improves the appearance of scars, stretch marks and uneven skin tone. Perfect for me! So I got a bottle to try on the belly and other problem areas. If it works, I'm gonna have to ask folks back home to ship it by the buckload :p

And here are some highlights from our trip back this summer:

Dressing up with Amber who was a stunner in red

The beautiful St. Mary's in Tetbury

Photo-taking outside St. Mary's

(and yes that's a graveyard with some very very very old tombstones)

walking down the aisle hand in hand

(I really like this picture of a dad looking at his little girl all grown up)

The handsome newlyweds looking oh so happy

a quick family portrait

Had to chase Matt around for a bit before finally getting a picture together
cos he was sooo busy herding people to do photos

the rustic quaint town of Tetbury

an incredible embarrassing speech by the 2 bestmen filled with titillating tales and
juicy excerpts that will probably never make it past Singapore's censor board

some (very posh) friends of the couple
While waiting for speeches to begin, we were drowning ourselves in champagne (elderflower cordial for moi) and romping in the lush countryside sans heels cos they kept sinking into the soft ground. You may just catch a glance in the pictures but there are actually horses and cows some distance away in the background.
bubbly and giggles

and let the party begin! A sign of things to come?

And now we know where the wee one got the monkey idea from :p

That's about what I'll share from the photos uploaded onto my Flickr album cos there are simply too many! Looking at the pictures makes me wistful for the english summer even if it feels like winter at times. Singapore's heat drives me insane sometimes, like it is today!

Lots of new stuff in the works... cos we're planning a tea party for Sept 27th~! I really do want to hold it this month cos I have all these pretty little trinkets sitting around forlornly waiting to go to good homes (apart from running out of space). Be back soon with sneaks! :)

4 comments:

mesmerized said...

heya yiwen!
U're a 'glowing' mum-to-be! ;)

Btw, bio-oil works wonders but u gotta apply it like twice a day, everyday religiously! It does lighten my stretch & scar marks frm e weight (not pregnancy) I've put on in NZ!
If u need it urgently, I'm gg to Aussie in mid-Oct & I reckon bio-oil is sold there too! I can purchase some for u.

Hopefully I'll be able to attend ur tea party! Do post the details soon!

There're still my clay lentils frm my photo in the last email which I've yet to pass to u to churn 'em into pretty art! hahaz

Get more rest & eat well!
Michelle

Sijin said...

Oh wow, what a magnificent wedding and such a charming town! can tell you had the most enjoyable summer trip.:)
Me and my friend is so looking forward for your tea party! so if you are doing reservations for it, we are putting our names in asap!

Sheryl said...

Hey babe,

Looking great!! :)
see you soon.. in October!!
Take care and jia you!
Heee

Hugs,
Sheryl

Yiwen Challenger said...

Thanks Michelle! I'm so in love with Bio-Oil and using it so fast I might really need your help in getting more fr Oz! Hope you're able to come down to the tea party this Saturday dearie! :)

And yea sijin i'll count you and your friend in for this Sat! Thankie!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...