Thursday, September 18, 2008

Another year gone past!

Tuesday was my birthday! Funny how I still feel the same as I did when I was 18 :p Since I was still in a constant state of fatigue, we decided to take it easy and not plan anything fancy. We had our 5th month detailed scan at Thomson Medical Centre on the same day in the afternoon which proved to be a real challenge cos the little one kept wriggling nonstop and simply refused to stay still for his measurements to be taken. And yes, we have learnt that we're expecting a boy!! Like a true Challenger, he was definitely not a shy baby! haha... Meanwhile we have already thought of a name for him but I'll share that at a later date :)
I knew Matt had already made dinner reservations but it was to be a surprise and turns out it really was! We had a lovely poolside table at Dolce Vita, the Mediterranean restaurant at Mandarin Oriental, amidst charming landscaped surroundings. The lobster bisque was fascinating, the "Creation" degustation set was delightful and we left fully stuffed without an inch of space left in the belly. A simple quiet dinner, just the two of us and bump, it was the perfect way to spend my birthday. I was exhausted by the time we got home, a foot and back rub from Matt later, I was blissfully fast asleep before the clock struck ten.

The next day, my dear friend Val and future godmother of the little un visited me at home and brought the most beautiful flower arrangement ever!! Beautiful peachy blooms and roses and fluff in a cool rustic metallic watering can. With the softest giraffe plushie no less! This was HUGE, and gorgeous :) Thank you sweetie!!
See that monkey daddy cuddling a baby monkey? That was a present from Matt! I thought it was the cutest thing ever and being hormonally emotionally vulnerable, I had tears gushing down at the thought of having our own little "monkey" *embarrassed*
And ain't that a lovely cross pendant necklace from Tiffany & Co.? When I saw it, I was stunned into silence (more tears galore) cos I never thought the hubster would even consider stepping into the shop and coming out with their signature Tiffany blue box. My first Tiffany piece ever!
I love it that it's simple with just a tiny diamond at the heart of the cross. Nothing fancy, nothing frilly, yet the perfect embodiment of love. Thank you my love for such a beautiful memorable present :)

And to all my wonderful friends who have sent me birthday wishes, thank you for your thoughfulness!
I am indeed very blessed.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday and next year would be even more fun! Matt would need to reserve a table no longer for 2 but 3! Congrats and all the best to your tea party, which i foresee Sell out! But as usual I am sure it will sell out! :P may eerything be fast fast sold, so you can have a good holiday once again ;)!

Love SabbieW

Anonymous said...

happy bdae! Congrats to u dear.

Xiaoyee

Anonymous said...

Waaaaah Happy belated b'day Yiwen!

I've been having the worst month in remmebering people's birthdays this month >.< Ahhh so exciting you're gonna have a little boy monkey! I can't wait to meet him when he comes out!

I hope you have fun at your tea party! ^^

Jane

mesmerized said...

Happy Belated Yiwen babe!
I'll be there on sat @ ur tea party... to finally catch u in person! ;)
-michelle

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...