Thursday, October 02, 2008

New shoes new day new stuff to be done!

Did you have a good break over the hari raya holiday yesterday? As if town wouldn't be crowded enough, my friend Lee En and I joined the manic squeeze at Fash Bash for some fashion bargains, which by the way was last held before I found out about baby so that's at least a good 6mths ago! I was keen to lay my hands on Little Odd Forest's cheeky monster tote but was bummed the stock they brought in this design had run out by 12 noon! No fear, I whipped out my (not-so) trusty mobile to text the friend who was gonna get it for me anyway as a belated birthday pressie so she could order it online. Gee I sound really presumptous haha!! Oh well, I'm sure our friendship is way past the modest stage :p
It was so good to meet many friends who either had a booth there like Eighteen Fifty, Sabbiew and Goblin Market or who were there to shop (me included!) like Ruth from Sparkletots. A pleasant surprise was bumping into Jo who was 1) the wedding coordinator for my dinner reception on Sentosa and whose other half is the 2) owner of Bianca, the probably very-known-by-now local shoe boutique with fabulous looking and even more affordable shoes! I love it that they are located on the indie Haji Lane stretch cos it's just adjacent to Doinky Doodles so I can pop my head in whenever I'm there heh.

Both Lee En and I couldn't resist a pair each naturally ~ This is the pair of navy patent ribbon flats I got from the Bianca booth at 30% off!
Secretly pleased water retention has not hit my ankles yet. (They do not make good footy shots.)

Woke up earlier this morning at 7 just so I could get to answering all that emails in my box that've come in since the tea party with queries about items carried at Doinky Doodles and other customisation requests. And I'm not through yet! But ok let's see if I can help clarify commonly asked questions here :)

For the pieces carried at DD, they are specially and solely for DD so I'm afraid they are only available for purchase at their brick & mortar shop on Bali Lane. I've started with only a few pieces over there but it seems that thanks to supportive customers, I might have to restock more regularly than I expect to! Which brings me to customisation requests - the necklaces in the mosaic picture on my Flickr album are all one-offs using my limited stash of vintage animals so really, I'm sorry I can't help with most requests. However if you have an idea of what you like and want and can accept that it will not be exactly like the pieces in the mosaic, you can drop me a mail and we can discuss to see if it's plausible.

End-of-year is the busiest time for me with customisation requests flooding in so while I've accepted some orders, please let me know early if you would like something for the Christmas season or special functions. I've got a few weddings to work on already, including that of my gal pals, so please forgive me if I am unable to take on your requests. Especially since I am just growing larger and clumsier everyday!

Ok I have to hurry uploading the pieces meant for this morning to make up for not working much yesterday. It's gonna be a busy day for me today cos a few of us are off to help our friend Vivienne of Fuchsia Lane fame for her solo fashion showcase at the Arts House tonight. I've never been part of anything like this before so it'll be exciting to see what goes on behind the scenes! Bump and I have come up with some music for the evening and we'll be hanging and ironing clothes all day I think haha.

I'm loving the photography direction for her latest collection: *swoons*
photos courtesy of Fuchsia Lane

(wish I could fit into her clothes without looking like a hippo right now haha)

Alrightey I'm running late so I'll leave you here with 3 new pieces for now. Ciao bella!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...